By launching the popular I Can Has Cheezburger sites, tech entrepreneur Ben Huh made LOLcats and epic Fails household terms. All around the world, web surfers looking for a quick laugh visit the Cheezburger Network for photos of animals, people doing stupid things, misspelled signs, and other quirky topics.
But that doesn’t mean Huh, a former journalist, spends all of his time searching for comic inspiration. While Huh goes to a Cheezburger site, The Daily What, for pop culture news, he’s also a regular online visitor of news sites ranging from The New York Times to the Seattle tech news site TechFlash. And when he finally gets off the laptop, he can be found picking up a copy of The Economist.
Here’s what Ben Huh is reading:
1. What are your favorite local news outlets? Why?
Seattle P-I. I think their experiment and transformation into an online-only newspaper is fascinating to watch.
2. What do you consider “must reads” every day? Must watch? Must hear?
I read one of our sites, The Daily What (http://thedailywh.at), for all my Internet Culture news. After that, I read the NYT or whomever surfaces via Twitter.
3. Do you consume news through: print, television, radio, laptop, smart phone, ipad, podcasts, other?
Mostly via my iPhone and laptop.
4. Do you use Facebook, LinkedIn, and/or Twitter for news and information?
Twitter is the one I use the most.
5. What online news sites or aggregators do you visit regularly?
I visit Techmeme and TechFlash for my tech biz news. I visit The Daily What for Internet Culture and CNN and NYT for the main stream news.
6. Do you regularly visit any individual blogs for news, analysis and opinion?
No, it really depends on what’s being filtered to me.
7. Have your news consumption habits changed in the last few years? If so, how?
90% of all information is gathered via the Web. The remainder comes through analysis in magazines (The Economist and The Week).
8. Do you read for fun? If so, what? Last novel you read? Non-fiction book?
I don’t read for fun, per se. I do that enough online. :)